So this happened the other day. An American Airlines employee allegedly took a stroller from a woman boarding Flight 591 from San Francisco to Dallas Friday, and knocked her with it while she held a baby in her arms. The video covering this is trending on facebook. But the recording does not capture the alleged stroller incident and begins instead with a woman holding a baby and sobbing. Watch Video Here
Then another male passenger then appears to come to her defense saying, “What’s the guy’s name that did that with the stroller?” An employee comes into the frame and the male passenger says, “You do that to me and I’ll knock you flat.” The two men approach each other, fingers jabbing. The employee repeats, “Hit me,” and the passenger says, “I’ll knock you out.” The captain pulls the employee away.
HOW DOES THE AIRLINE RESPOND?
Unlike what united airlines did, the airline releases the below statement within hours of the incident and mentioning that “The American team member has been removed from duty while we immediately investigate this incident.”
THIS IS BRILLIANT CRISIS MANAGEMENT IN MY VIEW DUE TO BELOW REASONS
- They informed everyone that they are aware of the issued are taking immediate action.
- They give a clear message that “what they see on the video does not reflect their views”.
- They release the statement to media as opposed to letting that ad momentum on social media.
- They ensure that ABC news includes their statement in their reporting from the beginning.
- The airline adds that the woman and her family have been upgraded to first class for the remainder of their international trip.